Terms and Conditions of Hire
If you book our services you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of hire.
The ‘Company’ is Beyond Expectations Wedding Services. Trading as Beyond Expectations. The ‘Hirer’ is any person or company who hires or has agreed to hire Goods from the Company. ‘Goods or equipment’ means goods provided by the Company in accordance with the Company’s standard Terms and Conditions of hire.
ACCEPTANCE OF CONDITIONS
The customer’s acceptance of goods on hire implies acceptance by signing and agreeing to our Conditions of Hire as given below.
RETENTION OF TITLE
All goods remain the absolute property of the company and the customer undertakes not to sell, offer to sell, assign charge, pledge or underlet, lend or otherwise deal with the products unless agreed otherwise with the company.
A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your booking with us of which will be deducted on the invoice. Deposits can be paid using credit or debit card, by online bank transfer or in-store in cash.
DAY OF SETUP
On the day of setup, if we are not providing the table linen ourselves, we will require all linen on the tables ready for us to dress the tables. We are unable to un-stack or arrange chairs at your venue. This is something you will need to arrange with the venue prior to our arrival.
All hired items are quoted on a three day self-hire. The items can be collected the day before the event and returned the day after the event has taken place (excluding Sundays and Bank Holidays where the items are to be returned on the following business day). If we are delivering and setting up hired items, the hire period commences from the time that we dress the venue and continues until the equipment is collected.
CARE OF HIRED ITEMS
The Customer shall:
– Not remove any labels from and/or interfere with the Hire Goods, their working mechanisms or any other parts of them and shall take reasonable care of the Hire Goods and only use them for their proper purpose in a safe and correct manner in accordance with any operating and/or safety instructions provided or supplied to the Customer;
– Notify the Supplier immediately after any breakdown, loss and/or damage to the Hire Goods;
– Take adequate and proper measures to protect the Hire Goods from theft, damage and/or other risks;
– Notify the Supplier of any change of its address and upon the Supplier’s request provide details of the location of the Hire Goods;
– Permit the Supplier at all reasonable times and upon reasonable notice to inspect the Hire Goods including procuring access to any property where the Hire Goods are situated;
– Keep the Hire Goods at all times in its possession and control and not to remove the Hire Goods from the country where the Customer is located and/or the country where the Supplier is located without the prior written consent of the Supplier;
– Be responsible for the conduct and cost of any testing, examinations and/or checks in relation to the Hire Goods required by any legislation, best practice and/or operating instructions except to the extent that the Supplier has agreed to provide them as part of any Services;
– Not do or omit to do anything which the Customer has been notified will or may be deemed to invalidate any policy of insurance related to the Hire Goods;
– Not continue to use Hire Goods where they have been damaged and will notify the Supplier immediately if the Hire Goods are involved in an accident resulting in damage to the Hire Goods, other property and/or injury to any person; and
– Where the Hire Goods require fuel, oil and/or electricity ensure that the proper type and/or voltage is used and that, where appropriate, the Hire Goods are properly installed by a qualified and competent person.
– Ensure that any employees, agents or contractors that operate the Hire Goods are, if applicable, adequately and sufficiently qualified and trained to operate the Hire Goods in accordance with all current and applicable legislation.
– The Hire Goods must be returned by the Customer in good working order and condition (fair wear and tear excepted) and in a clean condition together with all insurance policies, licences, registration and other documents relating to the Hire Goods.
COVER LOSS OR DAMAGE OF HIRED EQUIPMENT
The Customer assumes complete responsibility for loss of, or damage to the hire products (other than fair wear and tear) from the time the equipment is delivered to the venue/premises or collected from our shop, again until it is collected/delivered back. The charge will be the cost of replacing the equipment with new stock. For a full list of the prices please contact us. We strongly recommend you taking out wedding insurance for such instance.
REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT
We require a loss/damage deposit prior to the hire of our goods which will be returned if all goods hired are returned undamaged.
PAYMENT FOR DAMAGED OR MISSING ITEMS
By accepting the booking form you are happy for us to take payment from your cash security deposit for any missing/damaged items at replacement cost.
We will notify you of any missing/damaged items before we deduct the replacement value from the security deposit. If any missing items are found and returned to us in good condition, we will be happy to refund you. No substitute items will be accepted.
The full balance is due 4 weeks prior to your event date and an invoice will be sent 6-8 weeks in advance. Once the invoice has been paid we cannot issue refunds on any items that are no longer required but can exchange items subject to stock availbility. Cancellation will result in the forfeit of the deposit or full amount 4 weeks prior to the event. If full payment has not been made 4 weeks prior to the event we reserve the right invoice in full for loss of work.
Cancellation will result in the forfeit of the deposit or full amount 4 weeks prior to the event. Cancellation must be made in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will reply to you sending a confirmation of cancellation, so if you don’t hear from us we haven’t received your cancellation.
CHANGES TO AN ORDER
You can make changes to your order up to the point of 4 weeks in advance of the event. Significant changes to an order may change the quote you originally obtained. Items can be added on as long as they are in stock at any point.
Any discrepancies with an order must be notified within 7 days after the event. Any discrepancies that are not notified during this period will be exempt from any credit/refund.
If you are not collection your hired items from our shop, you may require a delivery service.
We deliver to a wide range of areas, covering London and the South East, including Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Berkshire, Essex and many more!
Where you are hiring on “Self-Hire/DIY basis, you will need to provide the full address of the delivery location including the post code and time of access in order to receive a quote for the delivery/collection service.
We will be more than happy to arrange delivery/collection of your order, charges include off-loading and loading to and from one single place on ground level, unless special arrangements have been confirmed with us.
Our deliveries and collections take place Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm and we aim to deliver the day before your event and collect the day after. Transport can be arranged outside of these times if needed but at an additional cost. Please enquire for a price.
We ask that all orders are checked in on delivery and signed for by yourself or a representative. If you feel that your order is not correct in any way, please get in touch with us as soon as possible so we can do our very best to rectify it for you.
It will be your responsibility as the hirer, to ensure that we can gain access to the venue for both delivery and collection as per the dates stated on your confirmation. We do not accept any responsibility for failing to deliver/collect if we cannot gain access. Extra transport costs will be incurred for wasted journeys.
We ask that all goods are re-packed in the correct boxes, ready for collection. Table legs should be folded and chairs should be stacked or folded.
If you have any other questions regarding our deliveries or collections, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
We cannot accept responsibility for any of our items that are used outside should they be damaged, soiled or affected by weather conditions after we have left them – Examples are; Aisle Runners getting wet & badly soiled (There may be an additional cleaning fee should the item be badly soiled or charged at replacement cost in the event cleaning fails), Outside gazebos where fabrics are affected by wind or rain. Swagging & Draping are intended as temporary constructions, severe weather conditions may affect the completed look. In the event of adverse conditions, it is Beyond Expectations’ sole discretion on all outside decor if to provide the hired items due to potential damage and safety. Therefore, no refunds are given for any items not used under such incidences or should be affected by weather.
CANCELLATION DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER
In adverse weather conditions such as Snow & Ice, it is Beyond Expectations’ decision not to deliver/setup hired goods to the venue if it jeopardises the safety of our staff. Beyond Expectations will endeavour to get the hired goods to the venue and exhaust every option that is available before cancellation of the booking. It is the responsibility of the hirer to make sure the hired goods are insured for such incidences.
HOURS OF WORK
Collections after 11:30 p.m. will incur an additional charge of £85.00 to cover staff wages and incentives. Please do check your Venues Terms and Conditions regarding Setup and Collection times prior to accepting our Terms and Conditions/Booking.
Prices quoted are inclusive of VAT which is chargeable at the standard rate at 20% unless stated otherwise and will be shown at the bottom of the quotation.
TERMINATION OF LIABILITY
The Company shall be relived of all liability for obligations incurred to the Hirer and any other third party.
This contract shall be governed by English Law in the Courts of England.
14 Park Street
Tel: 020 8681 0030 (10am to 5pm Mon to Sat)